Low Carb Spinach Pie
Low Carb Spinach Pie With Cut Da Carb WrapTreat yourself to a filling, healthy and low carb spinach pie. They are delicious hot or cold and will last 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 Cup Onions Diced
- 2 Ounces White mushrooms Sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced or crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Crushed
- 1 Teaspoon Dill Weed Dried
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano Dried
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Pound Frozen Spinach Thawed squeezed as dry as possible, and chopped
- 4 Ounces Artichoke Hearts Drained and squeezed as dry as possible chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Red wine vinegar
- 3-4 Ounces feta cheese Crumbled
- 2 Large Eggs Beaten
- 4 Sheets Cut Da Carb wraps
- 2 Ounces Butter Melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and oil a cookie sheet
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and swirl to coat. Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, and crushed red pepper to the pan and sauté over medium heat until onions are translucent, mushrooms have begun to soften, and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the salt, pepper, dill, oregano, and garlic powder and stir.
- Then add the spinach and stir over medium breaking up the spinach and mixing it with the other vegetables and spices. Add artichoke hearts, if using, now.
- When everything is well combined and there is no liquid remaining in the pan remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- When spinach mixture is cool enough to touch, place it in a mixing bowl and add the vinegar, feta cheese and beaten eggs and stir well to combine. Now you are ready to make the pies.
- Grab the Cut Da Carb Wraps
- On a clean, dry work surface place a Cut da Carb wrap with the light side facing up. Scoop one quarter of the spinach mixture onto the wrap and shape somewhat to create a cylinder shape.
- Gently fold the wrap over the filling and then fold again to fully in case the filling. You should be able to fold it one more time to create a packet, then tuck the ends of the wrap under the packet and place it with the edges down on the well-oiled cookie sheet. Continue this process until you have all four wraps filled and folded.
- Brush each packet generously with melted butter.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake 15-20 minutes until they are somewhat brown and crispy and the filling feels firm.
Taffiny Elrod September 2017 Find her wonderful creations on her Instagram page: @ketocookingschool