Low Carb Meatball "Lasagna" Casserole
For more Delicious Ketogenic and Low Carb Recipes, Please Visit: www.abkliving.comNotes From Allie, the Author of this Fantastic Recipe ...I follow quite a few accounts on Instagram who do what they like to call a "Fridge Forge" . When you don't know what to make for dinner, you go through your freezer and fridge and whip something up with what you've got. Sometimes its a winner, and other times its not. This one however turned out fabulously!On this day I had just received a shipment of Cut Da Carb flatbread that I couldn't wait to use! These ended up being the lasagna "noodle" layer of this casserole and it was DELICIOUS!For those not familiar, Cut Da Card is a flatbread product made to fit into low carb and Keto diets. This product is a foot long, think flatbread with 9 net carbs. Since Kyle and I follow a Keto diet, this fits perfectly in our daily macros. This product not just awesome for your every day wrap, but is also great for making pizzas, chips and as I've done here, makes a great noodle substitute!
- 1 Bag Premade meatballs
- 8 oz Marinara Sauce
- 3 Sheets Cut Da Carb flatbreads
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat meatballs according to directions. Cut meatballs in slices, leaving you with 3-4 slices per meatball.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, spoon 3-4 spoonful's of sauce into the bottom of the dish. Spread the sauce so there is a thin layer on the bottom of the dish, this will keep the flatbread from sticking.
- Next, start the "Lasagna" layers. Start with the first flatbread (note: you may need to fold over the edges to get it to fit). Then add a single layer of meatball slices. Spoon 1/3 of the sauce over the meatballs and add a layer of cheese (1/3 the mozzarella and 1/3 the parmesan).
- Add a second layer of flatbread and repeat the above step.
- Add third and final layer of flat bread and top with remaining 1/3 sauce and remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven, covered for 15 minutes, then uncover and back for an additional 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
Find The original Recipe at : Low Carb Meatball "Lasagna" Casserole ... Thank you Allie for this Wonderful Recipe!